MANILA — Due to a failed bidding back in November, the Department of National Defense (DND) has called for a second round of bidding for eight new amphibious assault vehicles worth P2.5 billion.
Assistant Defense Secretary Efren Fernandez said the pre-bid conference will be on April 29, while the deadline and consequent opening of the bids will be on May 15 at 10 a.m.
Only one firm purchased bid documents last year, Samsung Techwin of South Korea. It did not tender a bid, however, because it failed to satisfy several requirements.
“Bidders should have completed within 10 years, from the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the project,” Fernandez said.
The bidding is open to both local and foreign firms.
The vehicles, which will be part of the Philippine Navy assets, should be delivered within 910 days upon opening of the letter of credit.